Thanks to Disney Publishing for sponsoring today’s post. All opinions are my own.
Do you have a kiddo that just loves to read? We do! Both of our boys love “reading” or having books read to them. This week we’re sharing a new book we had a chance to check out from Disney Publishing, Mother Bruce.
The boys absolutely loved following along with the craziness of Bruce’s story!
Bruce the bear likes to keep to himself. That, and eat eggs. But when his hard-boiled goose eggs turn out to be real, live goslings, he starts to lose his appetite. And even worse, the goslings are convinced he’s their mother. Bruce tries to get the geese to go south, but he can’t seem to rid himself of his new companions.
Charlie thought the book was absolutely hilarious! Learn more about Mother Bruce.
In honor of Bruce’s love of eggs, we made Bacon & Broccoli Mini Quiches! If you have a picky eater or one that doesn’t eat eggs often, these will be a nice change of pace.
And of course, Charlie helped me put these together! Between cutting out the pie crust, adding ingredients, and mixing and pouring the eggs, there is plenty for you Mini Chef to do!
- 1 package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup shredded cheese of your choice (we use a cheddar mix)
- ¾ cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/.3 cup bacon bits
- salt and pepper
- Allow pie crust to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Using about a 3 inch biscuit cutter or the top of a cup works great as well, cut circles out of your pie crust and place into wells of muffin pan.
- Add in a pinch of bacon bits, cheese, and broccoli.
- In a large pourable measuring cup, combine eggs, milk, green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pie crusts, careful not to overfill.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until eggs are puffy and pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool in pan a few minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
Yummy! These didn’t last long at all. I’m sure Mother Bruce would approve of our easy recipe!
Thanks to Disney Publishing, one reader will win a Hungry as a Bear Prize Pack that includes a copy of Mother Bruce and a set of Bear Paws Oven Mitts!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Teddy Bear English Muffins // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother Bruce Teddy Bear Toast – Mini Chef Mondays // Momma Lew
- Cream Cheese Bear Claws // Baby Loving Mama
- Sweet Potato Stew // We’re Parents
- Mother Bruce’s Lemonade Cake // Frugal Novice
- How To Scramble Eggs // Eating Richly
- Bear Claw Cookies // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Deviled Eggs with Capers // Vegging at the Shore
- Bacon & Broccoli Mini Quiches // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Ham and Vegetable Quiche Cups // O’Boy! Organic
- Teddy Bear Picnic // Can’t Google Everything