This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
I’m a sucker for frozen treats. I think we’ve discussed this previously, but I’m always down for a bowl of ice cream. Most often that means a spoon with a bowl on the couch after the boys have gone to bed, but every now and then I really like to change it up and whip up a fun creation with ice cream.
While strolling the ice cream aisle at Walmart, the new Blue Bunny® packaging really jumps out! I love being able to see all of the swirls of yummy flavor right through the package. And let me tell you, I don’t normally opt for cherry cheesecake, but this ice cream is absolutely delicious. There are cherry swirls and graham cracker swirls. It’s pretty much a perfect treat.
This time I decided to use Blue Bunny® Cherrific Cheesecake for our Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cupcakes, but I also picked up Blue Bunny® Bunny Tracks and Blue Bunny® Blu’s Birthday Party for our freezer. With so many awesome flavors, I just couldn’t make up my mind. Trust me, they won’t last long.
You know I need simple recipes because with the boys, I don’t have the time or energy to do anything too complicated. In fact, this is a great recipe to have your kiddo help you put together.
- Blue Bunny® Cherrific Cheesecake Ice Cream
- chocolate cake mix (and ingredients according to package)
- whipped cream
- chocolate topping
- maraschino cherries
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package and preheat oven accordingly.
- Place silicone cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Add 1½ Tbsp of cake batter to each liner.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Fill the rest of the cupcake liner with softened ice cream.
- Freezer for at least 3 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Remove cupcakes from liners.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate, and a cherry.
- Serve immediately with a spoon!
These are a bit messy and will start to melt with the toppings on there, but they’re absolutely delicious! Grab a spoon and enjoy!
If you have a freezer to keep them in, they’re perfect for a party! We’ll be eating them throughout the week though as a fun dessert! Shouldn’t every day have a little something special?
What are some of your favorite ice cream creations? Check out these great ideas!