Can you believe Christmas is two weeks away? I know! How did it sneak up so fast?!? This time of year, many people do cookie swaps and we took part in a virtual cookie swap this year!
I was paired up with Becca from It’s Yummi. I’m not sure if it was intentional, but it worked out great that neither of us wanted anything to do with coconut. I don’t like it and she’s severely allergic.
I sent her a yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie recipe that you can find on her blog today. She sent me the recipe for these Cinnamon Roll Cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces red candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1¼ cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-inch log.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in
- Loosely coil log into a spiral shape and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat, placing cookies 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Move to cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt candy melts according to package.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Becca used white baking chocolate for her topping, but I had some red candy melts that I thought would be perfect, especially for Christmas!
What are some of your favorite Christmas cookie recipes?