I love breakfast food. Honestly, it’s probably my favorite meal of the day. I believe that great mornings lead to great days and what better way to start a great morning than with a yummy breakfast that the whole family can enjoy together! This Country Breakfast Pie is a winner with our family!
See for yourself how good mornings lead to great days when you start them off with Jimmy Dean. Right now at Martin’s Food Markets, when you buy 3 participating Jimmy Dean products you get $5 off through 8/11. While supplies last. I love a good deal, especially on things I’m already buying!
- 2 cups frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ lb Jimmy Dean pork sausage roll, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ lb Jimmy Dean Bacon, cooked and cut/torn into bite size pieces
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup diced peppers (any color bell)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 4 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thawed hash browns, oil, butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Firmly press the hash brown mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan, creating a crust.
- Bake hash brown crust for 15 minutes.
- While your crust is baking, prepare your filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix cheeses together evenly to create a cheddar mozzarella blend.
- Add 1½ cups cheese to egg mixture and combine.
- Add peppers and onions and combine.
- Add bacon and combine.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Reduce heat to 350 F.
- Spread cooked sausage crumbles over hash brown crust.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and spread evenly.
- Place tomato halves evenly around crust, pushing gently into egg mixture.
- Top with remaining ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 min. The top should be golden brown and the eggs should be firm and not move around.
You can make this breakfast pie the night before and put it in the fridge. In the morning, take it out to warm up to room temperature while the oven is preheating to the 350 F. Pop it in the oven for the 30 minutes and you’ve got a delicious breakfast ready without any work in the morning!
Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage is made with a signature blend of seasonings, adding flavor excitement to meals with just about no effort on my part. Pop it into a pan and stir while cooking.
And the bacon…. ohhhh…. the bacon. If you want, you could use a whole pound in the breakfast pie, but I couldn’t resist eating a few slices when it was done in the oven. I bake my bacon, but you can of course cook it however you like. I grabbed Jimmy Dean Applewood Smoked Premium Bacon at my local Martin’s Food Market. I love this bacon because it’s a thicker cut bacon that delivers amazing taste!
This easy breakfast idea looks fancy, but is so simple to put together. It’s perfect for a family brunch or just something to pop in the oven before the kids head off to school.
What are some of your family’s favorite breakfast recipes?