This post brought to you by Manwich. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom’s Messy Miracles.
Who likes Mondays?
There’s something about Monday that makes people cringe. Honestly, our Tuesday is actually our “Monday” since Tom has off Sundays and Mondays. No matter what day your “Monday” is, it’s the least liked. Monday means getting back into routine, starting yet another busy week. After a couple of days off, everyone wants to know “what’s for dinner?”. As the parent that stays home, it’s usually my job to figure out the answer to that question. I try to ease into another week with an easy meal. We like meals that really have kid-stopping power. This means we all sit around the table and enjoy a meal together without phones, tablets or LEGO blocks.
One easy way to get this job done is with Manwich. Manwich comes in three different flavors: Original, Bold, and Thick & Chunky. We like all three varieties, so I switch it up depending on what I’m making. Manwich is a hearty sauce with a sweet and tangy taste with no meat in the can, leaving you with endless options! I think everyone knows how to make sloppy joes, but in case you don’t: brown your ground hamburger, drain, stir in Manwich, heat and eat!
The varieties are so versatile that you can pair the flavors with sandwiches, pastas, and more. Kick off your week with #ManwichMondays. Head over to Manwich Mondays Recipes and register for the ReadySetEat enewsletter to find more delicious dinner ideas.
National Sloppy Joe Day is 3/18! We have a new spin for you using Manwich! The past couple of weeks, we’ve treated ourselves to Taco Bell more than I’d care to admit. I found a way to get me that same grilled stuffed burrito taste, but at home! The best part? It’s quick and easy!
- 4 cups frozen Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 pound cooked chicken, diced
- 1 can Manwich
- 6 flour burrito-sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Prepare potatoes as directed on package.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook your chicken in a skillet.
- Dice your cooked chicken.
- Over medium heat, mix together the cooked chicken and Manwich sauce, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a scoop of potatoes of each tortilla, top with a scoop of Manwich Chicken, sprinkle on cheese and add a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Wrap burritos by folding the sides towards the center and then roll the bottom over until it's tightly wrapped.
- Use your griddle pan to grill both sides over medium-high heat until golden brown.
These will also work great for freezer meals! Make them just as you would for dinner that night, but wrap them in aluminum foil and pop freezer bag (labeled with Manwich Chicken Grilled Stuffed Burritos). Tom will be taking these for lunch in the future. He has a toaster oven, so no need to even unwrap the foil, just pop them in for a few minutes and he’s got a yummy lunch. If you’ll be using a microwave to reheat, just remember to take the foil off!
How do you use Manwich?