I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own.
Are you a Peanut Butter and Jelly fan? How about your kids? PB & J is a staple in our house. It’s one of our go-to meals when nothing else seems to please the crowd. It’s one of those things you always have ingredients for, so it’s a no-brainer.
We’re upping our Peanut Butter and Jelly game with these PB & J Oat Bars! I’m sure you already have everything you need in your pantry. If you don’t have the oats, you can leave them out, but I love being able to get a little in when I can.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Skippy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups strawberry jam
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and quick oats.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend peanut butter, butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in flour mixture, stir until just combined.
- Line and 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, making sure the paper goes up and over the edges.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add about ⅔ of the peanut butter dough to the pan and press into an even layer.
- Spread strawberry jam over dough.
- Crumble remaining dough over strawberry jam layer.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the top crust starts to turn golden brown
- Allow to cool and then remove from pan by grabbing the edges of the parchment paper and lifting out.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This is such a simple recipe, which is why I love it and had to share with you! We’re all looking for easy, right? You could even wrap these individually to store in the freezer. They’ll make great afternoon treats for those starving children when they come home from school.
The boys LOVED these, the hubby approved and I already told you I loved them, too. I think they’d go over well for breakfast. Sure, it has sugar in it, but what doesn’t these days? They are very rich so a little goes a long ways. So, go grab a big glass a milk to enjoy with your PB & J Oat Bar!
You can check out more great recipes using peanut butter on Skippy’s website.
Do you have any fun ways to enjoy PB & J?