This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
For us in Maryland, we’re just getting to the point of summer when it turns disgustingly hot! With the heat, you’ll do anything to keep cool! Perhaps a little ice cream at 10am? It’s fine! It’s summer!
This week we created a fun ice cream that’s perfect for summer! Before I share our yummy creation though, I want to tell you how you can win a $100 Walmart gift card! Just check out the widget below to enter!
Now back to that ice cream creation! I’m a sucker for ice cream and you can always find at least one kind (usually 3 or 4 though) in our freezer. I have a big deep freezer for a reason, right?
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ¾ cup cake mix
- 1 cup Skittles®
- Using a blender, crush 1 cup Skittles® until there are no whole pieces. The smaller the better, really.
- Whip heavy cream using a mixer (hand or stand) until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cake mix. If you choose to color your ice cream, add a little food coloring in now.
- Fold the cream that you whipped into the cake batter mixture using a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Gently fold in crushed Skittles®.
- Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze at least 6 hours.
- Sprinkle a few whole Skittles® on top when serving!
One of my favorite flavors of ice cream is cake batter. When we went shopping at Walmart to get supplies, Charlie picked out a bright blue cake mix and I thought it would be perfect! Adding in a little extra color is always fun. The Skittles® mixed into our ice cream add little burst of flavor!
In the freezer aisle, we got a couple of our favorite frozen treats: SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars and M&M’s® Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches! Then we hit up the candy aisle for some classic summer fun: M&M’s® Plain, M&M’s® Peanut, and Skittles®!
Ice cream is perfect for any time of day, especially when it’s summer! We love being able to create something fun for summer! For more summer fun, download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.
No need to have a party for a fun ice cream like this! With Skittles® Cake Batter Ice Cream in your freezer, you’ll have spontaneous fun ready! It’s super sweet and creamy, just how I like it. While it won’t get super firm, you can just toss it back into the freezer.
Click here to receive instant savings on M&M’s®, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, Dr Pepper® Cherry, Skittles®, Pedigree Dentastix®! I’d love to hear your favorite ideas for making summer FUN!