Happy Monday! Who’s ready for breakfast? Today we’re sharing a simple recipe for Strawberry Glazed Mini Chocolate Donuts!
I have to tell you these are delicious and you’re going to want to eat them all at one shot.
The best part about these donuts is that they’re made using boxed cake mix! That definitely makes things easy.
After everything is mixed together, you’re going to put the batter into a resealable plastic bag or a pastry bag. This is going make your life so much easier when pouring the batter into the mini donut pan.
Kids will absolutely love squirting from the bag into the pan!
While those are baking, you’re going to whip up the yummy strawberry glaze!
Of course, you need sugar for a glaze! You can vary the amount depending how thick or thin you want your glaze.
And what kid wouldn’t like dipping donuts into a yummy strawberry glaze?
- one box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1-2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined, a few little lumps are fine.
- Dump batter into a large resealable plastic bag and cut off a corner.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using the bag, fill the wells of the mini donut pan about half full.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until donuts are slightly springy.
- Place strawberry jam and halved strawberries into food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup confectioners sugar and continue using food processor to combine. If you'd like it thicker, add more confectioners sugar.
- Dip baked donuts into strawberry glaze and place on cooling rack to harden.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Stuffing Muffins – Traditional Bread Stuffing Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Thanksgiving Cornucopia Snack Mix // Momma Lew
- Jello Cranberry Cookies for the Holidays // Baby Loving Mama
- Sweetly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds // We’re Parents
- Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Cooking With Kids Daniel Tiger Snack // Eating Richly
- Kid Egg in a Hole // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Berrylicious French Toast Casserole // Step Stool Chef
- Pear Coffee Cake // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Glazed Mini Chocolate Donuts // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Pumpkin Parfaits // O’Boy! Organic
- The Best Banana Bread Recipe // Can’t Google Everything