It’s Monday again already! This past week felt like it flew by, but the boys had some sort of stomach bug and we’ve been going on about three hours of sleep a night. By the time it’s light out, we’re ready for naps!
Today we’re sharing a simple Apple French Toast Casserole that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! We love breakfast for dinner or maybe you call it brinner.
This is a perfect dish for Charlie to help with because it’s so simple! He really enjoyed tearing up the bread. See those tiny pieces in the dish? You want them bigger than that. We corrected shortly after I snapped this.
If you’re letting your little one pour, there will probably be messes. That’s okay though!
This kid never lets me take a picture of him, but I was snapping a picture of the dish and noticed he was smiling so nicely for me to take one of him!
At this point, you could put it in the refrigerator overnight, but we baked it and enjoyed for dinner!
- 5 or 6 cups of bread, torn into 1 inch cubes
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Spread bread into casserole dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and even coat.
- Allow to soak for about 5 minutes.
- Spread apple pie filling over soaked bread and push down into bread.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top if you'd like.
- Bake about an hour.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Inside Out Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cake Batter Christmas Cookies // Momma Lew
- Cherry Banana Yogurt Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- French Toast Muffins // Frugal Novice
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe // Eating Richly
- Simple Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Chips // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Baked Apple Pie Bites // Step Stool Chef
- Pumpkin Granola // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple French Toast Casserole // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie // O’Boy! Organic
- Snicker Doodle Cookies // Can’t Google Everything