If I’m being completely honest, it took me quite awhile to get on the avocado train. It seems everything is getting an avocado makeover these days and I’m slowly getting into it! These Avocado Egg Salad Cups are a delicious spin on a classic dish!
Seriously, how cute did these turn out! They’re absolutely perfect for a baby shower, bridal shower, Mother’s Day brunch, or just about any other event you can think of! Of course, Avocado Egg Salad Cups are great for a better-for-you lunch that’s packed with protein and healthy fat!
While you’re at it, go ahead and make our chocolate avocado brownies for a yummy dessert!
Did I mention they’re easy to throw together? They may look fancy, but it’s a super easy kind of fancy – my favorite kind!
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and cooled
- 2 Tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ c mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Peel the eggs, separate the yolks from the whites and set aside.
- Empty the avocado into a bowl and cut into bite size squares. Reserve approximately ¼ of the avocado squares along with the peel/shell the avocado meat came from. Set aside.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Separate the yolks from the whites.
- With a fork, mash the avocado that was emptied into the bowl along with only the yolks of the eggs.
- Add the red onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the whites into bite size pieces and fold them, along with the reserved pieces of avocado, into the mashed mix. Fold gingerly in order not to break up the chunks.
- Divide the salad between to the two halves of the avocado peel into mounds.
- Season again with salt and pepper if desired, and garnish with sliced tomato pieces.