I don't really remember how we started playing Carcassonne, but it is absolutely our favorite board game. It is super simple to get started, which is a big win over so many other strategy board games that we play.
We let Charlie start playing on his own when he was about 7 because the base game is really that easy to understand. Each turn, a player places a tile and a meeple (if desired) on that tile. Once you've mastered the base game, there are a bunch of expansions you can add to switch things up and make the game even more!
If you have someone on your list that loves strategy games or already plays Carcassonne, anything from this Carcassonne Gift Guide will be a great gift!
- Carcassonne Board Game
- If You Liked It… Meeple Mug
- 100 Multi-Color Wooden Meeples
- Meeple PopSockets
- Carcassonne Expansion: The Princess & The Dragon
- My Kind of Meeple Shirt
- Carcassonne Shadowbox Art
- Carcassonne Big Box: Board Game & Expansions
- Carcassonne Gold Rush (Stand Alone Game) & Gold Drawstring Pouches
- The Broken Token Box Organizer for Carcassonne
- Meeple Ornament or Pendant
- Meeple Cookie Cutter
- Carcassonne Expansion: Traders & Builders
- Meeple Mug
- The Meeples Shirt
- Meeple Family Car Decal