This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
I have a confession. I'm not a coffee drinker. I know, I know… all moms drink coffee, right? Not this mom. I'll do an occasional iced coffee, but for the most part, I leave the coffee drinking to my husband. I picked him up a box of the new single serve McCafé Coffee at Walmart. I always have the hardest time deciding on which flavor to get. There are 8 great flavors to choose from in either single serve pods or premium bags, giving you a ton of options! While he may be enjoying the coffee, I had another idea in mind and whipped up this super easy Coffee Brownie Cheesecake.
This is definitely a recipe that I enjoyed, even though I don't “like” coffee. The brownies pick up a great hint of coffee and then the cheesecake layer with coffee carries it through. Did I mention how easy it is?!?
- a single serve McCafé pod, brewed & cooled to room temp
- 1 box Kraft Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake Dessert
- 1¼ cup cold milk
- about 10 Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1 box brownie mix (I prefer a double chocolate or chocolate chunk version) & ingredients required for box
- Preheat oven according to packaged brownie mix.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package, substituting brewed coffee for water.
- Pour enough brownie mix into your greased springform pan to use as a base. (You may want a thin crust or maybe you want half brownie, so it depends on your taste.)
- In my small springform pan, I baked for 15 minutes, which is about half of what was called for on the box. Follow the brownie box instructions and account for what size pan and how thick you are making your cheesecake base.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- From the No bake Cheesecake box, you only need the cheesecake mix, not the crust mix.
- Use ½ cup of the cheesecake mix and blend that with ½ cup cold milk and ¼ cup brewed coffee. It will be thick.
- Pour on top of brownie layer and spread evenly.
- Use ½ cup of the cheesecake mix and blend that with ¾ cup cold milk. It will be thick.
- Pour on top of coffee cheesecake layer and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to allow cheesecake to set.
- When ready to serve, melt caramel bits with a tablespoon of water in microwave for about 1 minute. Stir to combine evenly and pour over cheesecake.
McCafé coffee is made with 100% Arabica Beans, harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world. That makes McCafé a great choice when you're looking for a premium coffee.
According to the hubby, the Medium McCafé is strong, but not too overpowering, just how he likes it. The aroma is very rich (though I don't drink coffee, I find the smell yummy)! The Medium has a bold flavor and seems to be really smooth. I'll be picking up a few of the other options so we can find out which one is really his favorite, but I'm pretty sure this Medium is going to be the winner.
As a mom, I can always use a little treat to sneak in some me-time! This chocolate, coffee, cheesecake, and caramel treat is everything that's good about dessert. Or breakfast. Maybe try it for breakfast!
Last weekend we found a sampling of the McCafé coffees at Walmart! I especially enjoyed the little fruit and cake to go with my coffee!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Kick Off Your Summer Cookbook website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What's not to love? If you're looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Are you a coffee drinker or do you enjoy making something else with coffee? Leave me a comment below letting me know if you have a great recipe!