This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IndulgenceDoneRight #CollectiveBias
To Marylanders, crabs are a food group. We spend all summer hunting down the best crabs and spend hours picking them, all while enjoying time with our closest friends and family.
During the summer, when the crabs are plentiful, we're sure to pick extra and store that delicious crab meat away for the cooler months.
One of my favorite comfort food dishes has always been mac and cheese. I mean, what's not to love about it? Of course, for those of us on the Eastern Shore, a way to jazz up that classic mac and cheese is with some of that crab meat you stored away in the summer.
For a super creamy and indulgent crab mac and cheese, I used the NEW Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. It's an extra rich blend of real milk and cream for the perfect morning coffee! It may be perfect for your morning coffee, but I really like to use it in recipes like this one!
I picked up the new Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half at my local Walmart.
An indulgently rich and creamy taste like this from Land O’Lakes® is meant for mac and cheese! Mac and Cheese is the comfort food of all comfort foods. It's supposed to warm you up from the inside and just feel like home. It should be rich and creamy and make you want to lick the spoon.
- 1 (16 oz) box elbow or pipette noodles
- 2½ cups Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half
- 1 tsp Seafood Seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups italian blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan), shredded
- 2 cups crab meat
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Strain pasta and reserve 1½ cups of the water from cooking and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half and 1 tsp seafood seasoning over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Continue simmering for about 15 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in shredded cheeses and combine until all is melted.
- Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in crab meat.
- Pour mac and cheese into baking dish.
- (optional) Sprinkle with more seafood seasoning.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over the top of mac and cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Cheese should be bubbly and breadcrumbs lightly toasted.
Nothing beats this creamy baked crab mac and cheese on a cool fall day. I love being able to bring the taste of summer to all of our favorite fall dishes. Show me someone who wouldn't appreciate this on their table this fall!
Of course, this crab mac and cheese would also make the perfect indulgent side for the holidays. Having family over that isn't fortunate enough to enjoy crabs all summer? Give them a taste with this dish that is able to please everyone's inner child, while giving them the adult flavors they love.