Thanks to Jenny Craig for sponsoring today's deliciously filling recipe and continuing to support me on my weight loss journey. As always, all opinions are my own.
I've been on the Jenny Craig program for 8 months now. While I've been enjoying the amazing variety of Jenny Craig foods as they are, I'm also always on the lookout for ways that I can change them up.
I'm always down for a good cheeseburger topped with my favorite veggies, but I decided to make something new with a Jenny Craig Classic Cheeseburger this week. These Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a breeze to put together and so filling!
To start, you need your frozen Jenny Craig Cheeseburger.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 Jenny Craig Classic Cheeseburger
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1½ tsp dry taco seasoning
- ¼ cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry zucchini and cut off ends. Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, hollow out zucchini, leaving about ¼ inch shell all the the way around. (save zucchini for taco mixture)
- Place zucchini boats on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Separate Jenny Craig burger, cheese, and bun.
- Chop Jenny Craig burger into small pieces.
- In a small skillet, heat onions, zucchini (that you saved when you hollowed them out) and diced Jenny Craig burger.
- When burger is hot and onions are mostly cooked, stir in taco seasoning and salsa.
- Fill zucchini boats with taco mixture.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until zucchini is just cooked.
- Finely chop cheese from Jenny Craig Cheeseburger.
- Sprinkle cheese over taco boats.
- Continue to bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Toast buns from Jenny Craig Classic Cheeseburger and serve on the side.
On the Jenny Craig program, there are unlimited free vegetables that you can always add to dishes to change the flavor and volumize your food. One of my favorite ways to do this is adding peppers and onions to everything, but zucchini is another one of my go-to veggies that really packs a punch in the filling department.