This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart.
Fall is that time of year when you just want to cozy up to something warm and get ready for all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. A hot, thick gravy is perfect for these colder months and we have a yummy dish to share with you today!
This skillet dinner starts with Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops that I picked up at Walmart.
Smithfield shows their commitment to quality pork by offering all natural products and never adding artificial ingredients to their products. Did you know Smithfield is also a big supporter of our community? They provide local jobs to community members, support local and national causes, and support regional farm families across the country!
You know we're a big fan one-pot meals around here and this is right up there with them! I used just one skillet to make this Pork Chops and Gravy dinner!
- 2 Tbsp veg oil
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- pepper to taste
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high.
- Cook pork chops about 6-8 minutes, turning halfway. You want to brown them on both sides. Remove pork from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add sliced onions and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Add cooked pork back to skillet, spooning some of the onion and broth mixture over the pork. Cover and continue cooking on medium for 10-12 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink.
- In a small, separate bowl, mix milk and flour.
- Add to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or potatoes.
This is definitely one of those comfort foods that instantly makes you feel all warm inside. It's easy enough for a busy weeknight dinner, but could easily be doubled for company.