Summer is winding down, but we're still enjoying all the backyard playtime. Actually, we're getting more of it in now that it's been a little cooler (which is totally not the norm here for August). Soon school will be heading back and things will get crazy again with all the activities and homework.
Easy dinners are important to have in your pocket. We're all about the easy here and this Salsa Steak Sandwich is perfect for an easy dinner from the grill! Whether you're making dinner for the family or hosting a backyard BBQ, this is a winner.
I like to think of this as deconstructed salsa on a steak sandwich. It'll be a hit with everyone! I mean, who doesn't love a steak sandwich? Steaks and grilling just go together, right?
Being able to pile a yummy steak sandwich with those fresh vegetables that we often find in salsa just makes it even better. I may even add a little slice of pineapple next time to add a little sweetness. I'm always a fan of pineapple salsa anyway!
This recipe is super versatile and can be changed to suit your needs. There are no set amounts of each ingredient, because you can make one sandwich, or 10! Add more or less of any ingredient to make it your own!
- Rolls, cut in half
- Steak, your choice
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the steak of your choice.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub it in on both sides.
- Grill for 4-7 minutes on each side, depending on how you like it done.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into strips and add to the roll.
- Top with tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional).