I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own.
We go through a lot of pepperoni in our house. Owen loves eating it straight out of the bag and we use it frequently for easy lunches. This week though, we tried something a little different for dinner.
This easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Hormel pepperoni minis
- Heat skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil to medium.
- If chicken breasts are large, slice them in half to make them thinner.
- Cook chicken in skillet about 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken in skillet.
- Spread out pepperoni minis.
- Top with cheese.
- (optional) Add a few pepperoni minis on top of the cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes. Cheese should be melted, bubbly and possibly slightly browned if you like that.
- Serve with salad and pasta.
I love that this is a one pan dinner! Of course, if you serve it with pasta, it becomes two, but that's still not too bad!
The cast iron skillet goes straight from the stove, to the oven, and to the table to serve.
We love pizza, but an't justify having it several nights each week. This Skillet Pizza Chicken is definitely going to be joining the rotation because the kids gobbled it up right along with us.
I love how easy the Hormel Pepperoni Minis are to add to dishes. They're perfect for pasta salads, mini pizzas, and our dinner dish that we made here!
Do you have any fun variations of pizza?