This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
While summer may be winding down, this Balsamic Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini recipe brings those summer flavors to the table anytime. I love fun little recipes that are easy to put together and this one fits that bill for sure!
I made our Balsamic Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostinis using Montchevre Goat Cheese, which is made with fresh, high quality goat’s milk collected from local, independent family farms.
Thanks to the Montchevre goat cheese, our little crostinis are high in protein, calcium and vitamin D! So not only do they taste amazing, but they're a perfect addition to a healthy and active lifestyle.
You can find Montchevre goat cheese in most grocery stores, but check the product locator to find out where and what products you can buy.
Montchevre is able to ensure their logs are rich and smooth because of their expertise in traditional French cheese-making.
- 1 French baguette, sliced (about ¼ inch thick)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 oz Montchevre goat cheese, honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh basil, chopped
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with the olive oil spray.
- Broil until golden, about 5 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey in microwave-safe bowl and heat about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced strawberries to the bowl and stir to coat.
- Spread goat cheese on each toasted bread slice.
- Spoon a few slices of the balsamic strawberries on top of the goat cheese.
- Top with fresh basil and a balsamic reduction.
Montchevre is the perfect substitution for any recipe incorporating cheese!
Our little strawberry and goat cheese crostini bites are perfect for a “fancy” appetizer or a light snack.