We received this DVD in exchange for this post. Affiliate links are included.
Good things come in small packages! That’s certainly the case with the adorable, animated feature Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants. These endearing insects will be in theaters, On Demand, and on DVD May 26, 2015 from kaboom! Entertainment.
After a couple leaves their picnic in a hurry, a gang of hungry ants moves in to steal what could be their most coveted treasure: a tin box filled with sugar cubes. But before they can get away with the loot, a newly-born ladybug strays from its own family and gets trapped inside the box! The ladybug is soon spirited away by the ants as they try to transport their prize across the woods toward their colony. Together, the insects embark on an epic journey to protect their sugar.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about a movie that the only voice is narrator, Richard Dreyfuss. I did enjoy it though and the boys loved it. I thought it was a really sweet movie that showed that even though you are small, you can do anything you put your mind to.
Fun Facts About Minuscule
- Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants is a 2013 France/Belgium animated film, co-written and directed by Hélène Giraud and Thomas Szabo
- The film has been a huge box office success worldwide: France, Poland, Korea, Czech Republic, Switzerland and MORE
- Created by the same animated studio that produced Dragon Hunters
- Feature is based off the TV show ‘Minuscule – The Private Life of Insects’
- Series aired on the Disney Channel in the U.S.
Thanks to kaboom! Entertainment, one Mom’s Messy Miracles reader will win a copy of Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants!