Everyone loves pumpkin everything this time of year. I have to confess: I don’t. I’m not one of those pumpkin crazy people, but I do like it from time to time. I decided to make cheesecake brownies, but add in some pumpkin for the fall.
We were supposed to have dinner last week for our small group Bible study, but had to cancel due to a sick kiddo. Well, I’d already started making our dessert to bring. We ended up going last night and I had to remake these to bring because we had already devoured the first batch.
- 1 box of brownie mix (and ingredients for brownies)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- (2) 8 oz packages of cream cheese (room temp)
- sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix brownies according to package directions
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until creamy
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and pumpkin spice
- In a greased metal pan or glass dish, pour about ⅔ of brownie mix
- Top with cream cheese mixture
- Pour remaining brownie mix on top (works great if you use a bag with the brownie mix in it and squeeze it out evenly)
- With a knife, run a lines across to create a swirl effect
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
- Store in the refrigerator after cooled
Charlie has a hard time waiting for them to bake. The whole time they’re in the oven I hear “Mommy, are brownies done yet?” and “Mmmm… I smell ‘em”!
This recipe is so simple and so yummy! It will be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving desserts. Remember, not everyone likes pumpkin pie, but add some cheesecake and brownies and you’ve got a hit on your hands!
Have you tried pumpkin cheesecake brownies?