If you’re looking for an easy and affordable craft, this is it. Sun catchers are great for any age.
- paper plate
- clear contact paper or clear packing tape
- tissue paper
- hole punch
- yarn or ribbon
- crayons, markers, stickers (optional)
- Cut center out of paper plate. If child is old enough, they could cut it themselves.
- Cover the hole in the plate with clear contact paper or strips of clear packing tape.
- Give child tissue paper (crumpled up used paper works great too).
- Put tissue paper pieces (just tear them up) over sticky part of contact paper.
- Cover with another sheet of contact paper
- (optional) Decorate outside of plate with crayons, markers, stickers, etc.
- Punch a hole in the top of the plate.
- Tie the yarn or ribbon through the hole so it can be hung on the window.
If you want to get fancy, you could cut out a shape in the middle instead of the whole circle. A heart or cross would be cute and easy enough.