This post has been sponsored by Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
I know I’ve shared my love for breakfast food, but I’ll do it again. I love breakfast food. And I say “breakfast food” instead of “breakfast” because you can obviously eat breakfast food at at time of day (and we do)! This Cheesy Crab and Asparagus Egg Bake is a hit in our house.
Here in Maryland, we eat crab year round and at all times of day. If you’re not in Maryland and you don’t have fresh crab meat in the freezer, you can usually find some in your seafood department of your local grocery store.
Eggland’s Best challenged me to create an recipe with my favorite local/state ingredient and at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
Eggland’s Best (EB) is the No. 1 branded egg in the U.S. and is an excellent source of vitamins D, B12, E, B5 and riboflavin. EB eggs have six times more vitamin D, more than double the omega-3s, 10 times more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs. Independent testing has also confirmed that Eggland’s Best eggs stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
Learn more about EB eggs’ superior nutrition here: http://bit.ly/2nchmvY
Of course, I decided to use our local staple, crab, in our dish.
This baked egg casserole with crab and asparagus is perfect for a make-ahead breakfast, a breakfast-for-dinner night, or a fancy brunch!
- 4 english muffins, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 lb crab meat
- 2 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 8 oz italian cheese mixture, shredded (about 2 cups)
- ½ lb asparagus, raw and cut into about 1" pieces
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix english muffin pieces, crab meat, cheese, onion, asparagus, and parsley.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and half-and-half with whisk.
- Pour over bread mixture and spread evenly into casserole dish.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no more than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until eggs are set (knife inserted in center should come out clean). Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
In fact, they’re challenging everyone!
Eggland’s Best (EB) is once again searching for the most passionate egg fan with the best and most creative original egg recipe! The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest invites fans from across the country to show off their hometown pride and submit recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs and should be submitted by April 30, 2018 for a chance to win $10,000! Fans can enter up to two recipes within each category, which means eight chances to win!
You can visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the Eggland’s Best 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest: http://bit.ly/2Bv83M8
I’d love to hear what your favorite local ingredient is!
Thanks to Eggland’s Best, one (1) lucky The Shirley Journey reader will win a $25 virtual Visa gift card (valid for online purchases only), one (1) coupon valid for a free dozen Eggland’s Best eggs, and one (1) coupon valid for a free pouch of Eggland’s Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs!