This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of an Integrated Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The things we often take for granted are oh so important to our little ones. I know I’m always rushing off to the office or these days, stuck with my head in a textbook, but I’m trying to say “just a minute” less and enjoy the little moments with them a little more. It’s cliché, but they really are growing up way too fast and this season is flying by.
- Wear the jewelry they picked out for you (who doesn’t love the school holiday shop?).
- Frame their artwork – scribbles included.
- Go for a walk with each child separately.
- Sneak a note in their lunch box or coat pocket.
- Play Minecraft (or whatever their favorite game is) with them.
- Let your child teach you something.
- Video chat with family, even if just for a few minutes.
- Say “yes” to something that is normally a “no”. (Well, within reason.)
- Let them jump in all the puddles they want!
- Read aloud a favorite chapter book (even if they’re way “too old”).
- Let them hear praises when you are talking to someone else about them.
- Share a favorite snack in the middle of the day!
- Join in on the floor play (ten minutes goes a long way).
- Let them wear dress-up clothes to the store.
- Hang a whiteboard, chalkboard, or notepad on their door to leave messages.
- Let each child pick their favorite dinner on a set schedule (month, week, whatever works for you).
- Stay up late to look at the stars.
- Cook with the kids (and don’t freak out about the mess).
- Actually print photos and put them in a book.
- Thank them when they do a chore on their own.
Charlie’s in 1st grade now and before too long, Owen will be right behind him. For now though, I’m soaking up my time with Owen and trying to enjoy these little moments. In this season of busyness and a whole lotta chaos, I love being able to sit down in the middle of the day and enjoy a snack with my munchkin.
I let Owen pick out a new favorite snack in the Cookie/Cracker aisle during our last Walmart run.
The kids love these TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks! For starters, they’re in an adorable, lovable bear shape and what’s not to love about that? Yes, snacks like this make kids happy because it really is the little things!
Did I mention they’re mom-approved? TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors!
Owen’s favorite is the Chocolate with Vanilla filling, but he’ll gladly eat either!
Of course, the little individually wrapped bears are perfect for snacking on-the-go and tossing in the bag.
You can use the widget below to be entered into a contest to win one of twelve $50 Walmart Gift Cards or one of two $200 Grand Prize Walmart Gift Cards! I-C will randomly select 14 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.