This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.
It seems like football food is almost always cheesy and fried. One of the best substitutes I've found for chicken wings is Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! It's a better-for-you option that doesn't leave me feeling guilty while snacking. Honestly, there should be healthier options while tailgating or at a football party.
The general consensus is that healthy choices are more expensive, right? Well, at Save-A-Lot, we're able to pick up fresh (and healthy) fruits and veggies, meat, and even the paper products that are essential for your game day party! So yes, you can have healthier options at your get-together without breaking the bank!
I always forget how far a head of cauliflower goes until I'm breaking it up. Buying fresh is so much different than frozen! Being able to pick up all the fresh vegetables at Save-A-Lot definitely saves us money.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Kurtz Wing Sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Kurtz Wing Sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces and wash.
- Mix batter ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Dip cauliflower into batter until evenly coated and shake extra off.
- Place battered cauliflower in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- In a new bowl, mix together buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Brush buffalo sauce over baked cauliflower, evenly coating each piece.
- Bake an additional 7 minutes, until cauliflower is crisp and sauce has hardened.
Tailgating season is in full-swing here in Maryland and our local team is starting the year off on the right foot (and hoping it stays that way). Of course, we're usually homegating and enjoying the game from our living room with the kids playing in the next room over, but I still want all that delicious football food!
Join the Save-A-Lot Smart Shopper Email Club to receive the latest specials, recipes, and entertaining tips delivered right to your inbox!
Use the widget below to enter to win a $25 Save-A-Lot gift card to use for your next tailgating party!