I love puppy chow, muddy buddies, or whatever else you want to call it. Chocolate covered Chex coated in sugar is pretty much always a hit! We made Cake Mix Puppy Chow for Christmas while we were visiting my grandparents and it was delicious. We ended up making extra to leave there because my grandfather seemed to really enjoy it, too.
Today’s Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
I love that puppy chow is easy to get the kid’s involved. Kids can help stir the chocolate into the cereal.
And of course, who doesn’t love to shake the bag? This is the perfect way to get even your littlest chef involved in the process!
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ~1 cup dried strawberries
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine dry cereals in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave for about 1½ - 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour over cereal and stir to coat.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine powdered sugar and chocolate covered cereal.
- Shake to coat.
- Pour back into mixing bowl and fold in strawberries and ½ cup chocolate chips.
I think some M&M’s® Strawberry would be a great addition to this Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow!
We all love this as a treat, but it makes a great gift, too! You could put some in a jar and tie a cute little bow around it.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Easy Fruit Salad Recipe for Valentine’s Day // Courtney’s Sweets
- Red Velvet Waffles // Momma Lew
- Homemade Cherry Banana Ice Cream // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats // We’re Parents
- Chocolate & Sprinkle Coated Shortbread Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Best Lactation Cookies Recipe // Eating Richly
- Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Knife Safety Tips for Kids // Step Stool Chef
- Farro with Roasted Vegetables // Vegging at the Shore
- Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Ambrosia Salad // O’Boy! Organic
- Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Preussens // Can’t Google Everything