Today is my birthday! This year marks 33 years since I’ve graced the Earth with my presence.
Seriously though, birthdays are less and less exciting each year. Once you become a parent, it’s less about you. Does that change once the kids are out of the house? Are birthdays a thing again?
My birthday this year will be spent getting a new battery for my car (which now refuses to start unless it is jumped), picking up kids from our bus stop (since our road is closed and we have to drive to special bus stop), sitting through an hour of karate class, and then finally… a birthday dinner!
Since today is my birthday and birthdays should come with a special treat, I wanted to share these awesome birthday cinnamon rolls!
Who wouldn’t want to wake up to these festive cinnamon rolls on their birthday?
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 Tbsp butter – melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare a pie pan or a round cake pan with non-stick spray. Baking spray, with flour already in it, works best!
- Unroll the crescent roll sheet. I noted to use Pillsbury crescent rolls as these tend to work better with removing the seams. Push all of the seams together, making one large, solid sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter. Generously and evenly sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the entire sheet. Top with sprinkles! As little or as much as you like, you can’t go wrong.
- Roll the sheet up from the short end, to the other short end.
- To cut your slices, use a string such as floss or butcher string, tie it around the log and pull tight until a slice has been made. This will prevent your slices from being smooshed with a knife. Do this until you have made 8 slices.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in your pan, giving them plenty of space to expand in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- While hot, mix together the topping ingredients, drizzle over the cinnamon rolls and sprinkle away!
Whether you’re serving these birthday cinnamon rolls for breakfast or dessert, they’re sure to be a hit!
While I’m sharing these yummy treats for my birthday today, I know the kids will love them!
How fun would birthday cinnamon rolls be for breakfast after a birthday sleepover?