There are certain times in a woman's life when all she wants is a big bite of something rich and chocolaty. You know the feeling. I have always been horrible at keeping track of my cycle, but I'm usually able to realize it's on the way when I get that urge to find all the chocolate.
During that time of the month, I love indulging in a brownie (or three). What I've done though is make a better-for-you brownie using avocados.
Avocados are a great way to get some healthy fat in without sacrificing that flavor we all crave. Plus, the magnesium from the avocados helps with cramps!
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl (or I used our food processor), mix avocados and melted chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- Add in sugar and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into chocolate avocado mixture until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - Amazon Exclusive 12 inch - 60 Square Feet
HERSHEY'S Natural Unsweetened 100% Cocoa, 23 Ounce Can
Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Premium Baking Chips - 12 oz. (340g), 6 bags
Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Square Cake and Brownie Pan, 8-Inch
Because we all need delicious things to snack on during that time of the month!Enjoy these better-for-you brownies!