This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
I hate moving. My kitchen is in complete disarray and spread out between the two houses. I have about half of my pots and pans moved over right now. The awesome part of this Mac & Cheese with Pork and Peas is that it only uses one skillet! Between school, moving, and work, when it's time for dinner, we need something easy.
Whenever I make something new, I'm always a little nervous about how it will go over with the boys. The Pork and Peas in the mac and cheese was a hit! Charlie gobbled down his first plate and even asked for seconds!
I picked up a new Smithfield® Homestyle Boneless Roast at Walmart. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is a perfect and easy meal solution for any night of the week. Dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less!
Because Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is already marinated, that definitely cuts down on dinner prep.
For this recipe, I cut up our roast into smaller pieces and cooked it in the skillet on the stove. Of course, you can also cook your Smithfield® Homestyle Boneless Roast in the slow cooker and then make this the following day using your leftovers. Two meals from one is a big win in my house!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Marinated Fresh Pork
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 8 oz pasta, dry
- 1⅔ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (I used a three cheese blend)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high.
- Cook cut pork in skillet until browned on both sides and almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another Tbsp of oil to skillet and cook onions until translucent.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, and water to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook 12 - 15 min until noodles are al dente and most of the water is absorbed.
- Mix in the frozen peas.
- Add cooked pork back to the skillet.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese until cheese is melted. Continue stirring for about 5 minutes while sauce thickens.
And I always love a great deal! Be sure to use ibotta and earn $1 on Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork at Walmart!
What are some recipes you would make with Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork?
David @ Spiced says
Mac and cheese is a total comfort food…and it’s perfect now that the weather is turning cold! I love the addition of peas and marinated pork in this one, too. And one skillet meals really are the best! Thanks for sharing! #client
Ohmygoodness I need to try this now. This sounds so delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
Betsy @ Desserts Required says
Great idea for an easy peasy dinner! I love the convenience of the marinated pork, too.