#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Warm weather is here! With that comes all the barbecues, cookouts and grilling! I love a light, fresh salad for Spring and Summer, whether it’s as an appetizer, side dish, or as the main course. Save-A-Lot stores have a wide selection of fresh, delicious ingredients to inspire a variety of salads.
Today we’re sharing a perfect summer pasta salad!
One of the things I look for in a salad for the warm weather is that it’s able to actually sit outside. This pasta salad contains no mayonnaise, sour cream, or yogurt.
I really love the amazing prices at Save-A-Lot. We’re able to stock up on great fresh fruit and vegetables without blowing the budget.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ yellow onion (diced)
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 box (12 oz) Mantia's bowtie pasta
- 1 package (12 oz) bacon
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice zucchini and squash into wheels.
- Slice peppers into about 1 inch chunks.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil and spread onto baking pan.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring after about 15 minutes.
- Spread Bacon out on baking sheet and place in oven for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Break or slice bacon into bite size chunks.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Combine veggies, pasta, raw diced onions and bacon.
- Serve warm or cold.
Look how pretty those veggies are getting ready to go in the oven! This just says summer salad to me!
Bacon and Pasta! Woohoo! Both have seem to have increased in prices lately, but not at Save-A-Lot! The bacon was 2/$5! Of course, prices may vary at your location, but I’m sure it’s still a great deal!
We enjoyed our summer pasta salad with a steak and crescent rolls for dinner, but I would gladly eat it alone for lunch. Between the bacon, veggies, and pasta, it’s definitely able to stand as a meal. It will make a great dish to bring along to all those summer parties coming up!
What are some of your favorite summer salads?