I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own.
I love SPAM. I realize most people don't like SPAM, but I don't think most have really given it a fair shot, either. Remember when I shared my SPAM, Taters and Eggs a couple of months ago? Today I'm sharing another SPAM dish with you!
You know how much we love snacks, but these SPAM Corn Cakes will make a great dinner or lunch, too.
These are simple enough to make, but they do take a little time frying them.
- 1 can Original SPAM
- 1 package of corn muffin mix
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over Medium-High. (should be about ½ inch high)
- Slice SPAM into sticks, I made about 20.
- Prepare corn muffin mix with added sugar.
- Using a toothpick, coat SPAM with batter.
- Drop batter-covered SPAM into frying pan and cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook 6-7 at a time, don't crowd the pan.
- Place on paper towel as they come out to absorb some of the oil.
SPAM has a bunch of different varieties you could try these with, but I'm an original fan. Our Hormel box this month included the Black Pepper SPAM. I didn't try it yet, but I think it'd be pretty tasty with this recipe or my SPAM, Taters and Eggs.
I served with mustard, but ketchup works great as well, of course! Even if you're not a SPAM fan, like I am, give these SPAM Corn Cakes a shot because they're basically little corn dogs!
Share your favorite SPAM recipes with me in the comments!