We made a fun snack this week that’s perfect for a party! I’ve had hummus once and I didn’t like it then, so it’s not a staple in our house. That’s about to change! We made these Turkey and Hummus Pinwheels for a playdate (stay tuned tomorrow for more details on that) and they were a hit!
I think getting kids involved is the key to them trying new things. And of course, Charlie loves helping Mommy in the kitchen. Turkey and Hummus Pinwheels require no stove, microwave, or oven, so they’re perfect for the little ones to help with.
I grabbed some of the Chi-Chi’s flour tortillas, Hormel Natural Choice turkey, shredded cheese, and some sun-dried tomato hummus.
To get started, spread out your hummus using a small spatula on the flour tortillas.
Then, add a couple of slices of the Hormel Natural Choice Oven Roasted Turkey Breast on top of the hummus and top with shredded cheese (we used cheddar).
Of course, patting down the cheese is totally optional, but Charlie insists on it.
Now, they just need rolled up tightly and then cut into pieces!
How fun are these? I know that we could have added lettuce and tomato, but I’ve found the more I add to them, the more the kids pick stuff out of them. Keep it simple with these perfect little bites!
I’m so excited Charlie loved these because we just found a new option for him for lunch! He can help make them and then we’ll pack three or four bites in his lunch! I know we’ll be switching it up with different meats, cheeses, and flavors of hummus, but for now – the Turkey & Hummus Pinwheels are a big win!
I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- French Toast Casserole // Momma Lew
- Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake // Baby Loving Mama
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Funnel Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Three Ingredient Fudge // Frugal Novice
- No Bake Yule Log Cake Recipe // Eating Richly
- Rice Krispie Christmas Wreaths // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Peppermint Popcorn Balls // Step Stool Chef
- Pineapple and Zucchini Cupcakes // Vegging at the Shore
- Turkey & Hummus Pinwheels // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Easy Kid Approved Breakfast Quesadillas // O’Boy! Organic
- Christmas Tree Jello // Can’t Google Everything