For most people, food isn't just about the food. There are so many recipes that I make that bring back memories. Whether it's my grandmother's sugar cookies, my other grandmother's sausage gravy, or my father's spam, taters, and eggs, a simple recipe can really take you to another time.
Through our Mini Chef Mondays series, we've been creating our own memories while enjoying some tasty food.
The Keepsake Kitchen Diary™ includes room for up to 200 recipes, divided into six sections: starters, soups/salads, main courses, side dishes, desserts and miscellaneous. Before each section, there is a recipe index (that you create yourself, of course), a beautiful hand-drawn illustration, and useful cooking tips (ingredient substitutions, calorie guide, meat roasting guide, and more).
This is a cookbook that's built to be used. The durable binding and coated covers make sure that you're able to keep it for years and pass it down. The front and back cover have pockets for storing photos and special tokens.
I have a few recipes of my grandmothers that are in her handwriting and I love that. There's just something special about reading a recipe and touching the same card that she wrote and used. I love that my boys will be able to have a cookbook full of memories that will also be in my handwriting.
The book also includes 12 beautifully illustrated tear-out recipe cards, so you can share!
If you're looking for a unique gift that can really be used, you've found it! Perfect for a new mom, bridal shower, wedding gifts, graduation, you name it: who wouldn't love a recipe book that you can fill with all of the memories that comes with each delicious dish?!?
Lily & Val was kind enough to provide a Kitchen Keepsake Diary for giveaway!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe // Courtney's Sweets
- Original Rice Krispies Treats // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Dipped Sundae Marshmallows // Baby Loving Mama
- Homemade Chicken Meatballs // We're Parents
- Mini Pizza Pot Pies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Snack H is for Hippo // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Peep S’Mores Bites // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Teach Your Kids to Cook THIS Spring Break // Step Stool Chef
- Easy to Make Hamantaschen // Vegging at the Shore
- Turn Recipes into Memories with a Keepsake Cookbook // Mom's Messy Miracles
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites // O'Boy! Organic
- Carrot Cake Dip with Easter Bunny Chips // Can't Google Everything