Our Grilled Hot Italian Sausage Kabobs are perfect for your next backyard BBQ, birthday party, or easy dinner! The kids will eat them right off the skewer or you can serve over rice or noodles.
What is it about food on a stick? It's true though, putting food on a stick instantly makes it better!
Of course, the kids can even help make these because they're that easy! And I'm a big believer of the kids will eat what they help prepare. You can let them add their own favorite veggies to the skewers to mix it up a bit and personalize them even more. I think tomatoes would be a great addition!
- 4 – 6 Hot Italian Sausages
- 1 sweet pepper, any color
- ½ onion, sliced into large segments and separated
- ⅓ c oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- as desired salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to 350 or medium heat.
- Cut the sausages up into bite size pieces.
- De-seed and cut the peppers into chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the oil and vinegar, with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Alternate threading the pieces of sausage, pepper and onion onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for approximately 8 – 10 minutes, basting with the vinegar/oil combination. Continue this every two minutes or so or until the sausage has been cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice, or simply enjoy as an appetizer!
Save the grilling for the grown-ups though!
While we made these with Hot Italian Sausage, you can obviously switch it up with any sausage links that you love!
If you choose to cook your skewered kabobs in the oven instead of the grill, you can do that too! Place the kabobs on a broiler pan and place the pan in the oven. Be sure to watch them closely, as oven temps will vary. After about 8 minutes, flip the kabobs over to ensure even cooking.
If you like these, you'll love our Oven Pork Kabobs!