Today, January 19, is National Popcorn Day! Who knew that was a day? I love celebrating all these crazy little “holidays”. I mean, why wouldn’t you celebrate National Popcorn Day?
Popcorn is one of my go-to snacks. In general, it’s not terrible for you and there are so many ways to jazz up a simple microwaveable snack. We’re so excited about Popcorn Day here that we decided to share a fun Cookies & Cream Popcorn recipe!
Not only do I love popcorn, but I’m pretty much a sucker for anything cookies and cream.
- 6 cups popcorn
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 10-12 OREO cookies
- Pop popcorn and measure into a large bowl.
- Remove the unpopped kernels as you measure the popped corn.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 35 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed. (You can also add ½ Tablespoon coconut oil or shortening if needed.)
- Let the chocolate cool for a minute, but don't allow it to harden.
- Meanwhile, place the OREOs in a food processor and chop - or place in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Add half of the crushed OREOs, stir, and then add the other half.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and let dry before serving or packaging.
This popcorn recipe is super easy to make and only takes 3 ingredients!
Get the kids involved and enjoy a delicious popcorn treat! My boys love to crush the cookies in a plastic bag.
If you’re looking or a fun party snack, movie night snack, or just a treat after dinner – Cookies & Cream Popcorn is a great choice!