I feel like people either love or hate candy corn. Which way do you fall on the scale?
Personally, I think most of the time it's too sweet for me. I'll eat a few pieces and that's enough for me.
Need a candy corn treat that's just for the grown-ups?
These Candy Corn Jello Shots are perfect for Halloween, a fall party, or even Thanksgiving!
These candy corn-inspired jello shots with fruity layers are a fun take on a classic candy.
Made with orange gelatin and condensed milk then spiked with vanilla vodka, these Jell-O shots are a fun and fruity alternative that are still sweet like candy.
- 3 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin, divided
- 2 cups water, divided
- 7 oz sweet condensed milk (only comes in 14 oz size, so ½ of a can)
- 1 cup vanilla vodka, divided
- 3 oz box orange JELL-O gelatin
- 2-3 drops yellow food gel
- In a small sauce pan, add 1 cup water and 2 of the unflavored gelatin packets.
- Whisk over low heat for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir well to incorporate. Add ⅔ cup of vanilla vodka and stir again.
- Pour half of the gelatin mixture into a microwave safe bowl, cover and refrigerate for later use in Step 8.
- Pour the remaining mixture into the bottom of the shot glasses, filling the bottom ⅓ of each glass. Place on a large cookie tray (uncovered) and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the gelatin has "set."
- Once the gelatin has "set" in the shot glasses, add the remaining unflavored gelatin packet and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Whisk over low heat for 2-3 minutes until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add the orange jello powder and whisk to combine. Add the remaining vodka (1/3 cup) and stir well.
- Remove the shot glasses from the refrigerator. Pour a layer of the orange gelatin mixture on top of the white layer, filling each glass ⅔. Return to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once the orange layer is set, remove the covered white gelatin from the refrigerator (from Step 3). It will be set like jello, so you will need to microwave and stir it in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Add 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring and stir well to distribute the color. Pour the yellow mixture on top of the orange layers, filling up to the top of each glass. Chill for 30 minutes.