Cooking with kids is a combination of fun, learning, exploring, creating, and so much more. If you have a junior chef on your gift list, then this cooking with kids gift guide is the perfect way to discover some incredible gifts.
I found some great gift ideas from cookbooks to a chocolate pen! Even if the kiddo on your list has yet to discover the wonders of cooking, these gifts would be a great way to introduce them to cooking. Take a look at what I have found…
Cookbooks for Kids
There are a variety of cookbooks for kids available. These are a few of my favorite.
- The official DC Super hero Cookbook – Deluxe edition: Fans of all ages will love the 60+ clever, colorful recipes in this book. This awesome kit comes with 3 cookies cutters in symbol shapes, a 112-page spiral bound lay-flat book, wipe-off super hero logo stencils, and loads of ideas for super hero themed parties! Honestly, who wouldn’t love this cookbook kit?
- Cooking Class Cookbook: With over 50 recipes that kids love to eat… with the help of this cookbook now they can make their favorite dishes.
- PBS Kids Do It Myself Cookbook: This awesome cookbook kit includes a 128-page wire-bound cookbook, 45 simple “nothing sharp, nothing hot” recipes, step-by-step illustrations, and a set of measuring cups and spoons. Kids as young as 4 years old can make these dishes completely on their own! This cookbook is great for building your child’s confidence in the kitchen.
- ‘Tis the Season: This cookbook is brimming with kid-friendly recipes for memorable holiday feasts and delicious treats that are ideal for seasonal celebrations and more. The book is just $5 at Kohl’s and 100 percent of net profit supports children’s initiatives nationwide.
- Science Experiments You Can Eat: Kids will be even more interested in cooking when you throw science experiments into the mix.
Cooking Supplies for Kids
- Maple Wood Chopper: This is great for younger kids. The edge is sharp enough to cut food, yet dull enough to keep little fingers safe. Perfect for kids who are not quite ready to handle sharp knives, but are eager to get into the kitchen.
- Rigoni di Asiago Organic Gourmet Spreads: Everyone needs new, yummy ingredients to use! The Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa & Milk is organic, non-GMO, Kosher certified, and gluten free! Did I mention delicious? They also make Fiordifrutta fruit spreads (available in many flavors) with no added sugar, which is perfect for our little ones!
- Opinel Le Petit Chef Set: When kids are learning how to handle knives, this set is a great place to start. It includes a guard to not only protect their fingers, but it also teaches them the proper way to use a knife.
- Nylon Kitchen Knife Set: Use this set if your kids are ready to use a set of real knives. They are easy to hold and come in 3 different sizes.
- Cupcake Baking & Decorating Kit: Making cupcakes is a breeze with this set. It includes everything you need from the pan, reusable cupcake liners, decorating supplies, directions, and even a shopping list.
- PopTop Microwave Popcorn Popper: Popping popcorn is a snap with this handy gadget. All you need are popcorn kernels and some butter. Oh! If your future chef would like to add a little flare to their popcorn creations, this set of Popcorn Seasoning is the perfect addition.
- Junior Pizza Cooking Set: What kid doesn’t like pizza! I think it is because you can have it made just the way you like it. This cooking set comes with a pizza pan, pizza slicer, a wood pizza board, and so much more.
- Mini Cake Pop Maker: This convenient cake pop maker is a great way for kids to make treats. It is easy to use, plus it cuts down on the mess in the kitchen.
- Children’s Kitchen Tools in Herb Pot: Here is a versatile gift that includes kitchen tools and an herb pot. You could easily use the pot as a container to hold all of the kitchen utensils, or use it to grow fresh herbs.
- Chef & Hat Apron Set: Every junior chef should have a hat and apron. All you need to do is pick out the color.
- Chocolate Pen Kit: Write with chocolate! Yum! How fun does this look?
- Owl & Skull Egg Mold: Shape eggs into an owl or a skull. Fun kitchen gadget that would be easy for kids to use.
- The Miracle Cube Timer: Flip the cube around to keep track of cooking times. Super easy to use, especially for a junior chef.
- Learning Tower: For your mini chef to help you in the kitchen, they need to be able to reach it!
- Electric S’mores Maker: Now you can make s’mores all year with this indoor s’mores maker.
Kitchen Fun for Your Littlest Chef
- Cook ‘n Learn Smart Kitchen: This interactive play kitchen magically recognizes accessories and responds to kids’ actions, teaching kids cause and effect. With fun sound effects and over 40 accessories for chopping food, turning on the faucet, and cooking on the stove, your littlest chef will feel just like Mommy and Daddy!
- Fresh Picked Fruit & Veggie Tote: Every kid loves play food. This fruit and veggie tote will have your little one making healthy choices even while at play!
Let’s get those kids cooking with some great gifts they will surely gobble up. Pick out your favorite ideas, add a few necessary ingredients and you will have a gift that will allow kids to start cooking right away!
Did my cooking with kids gift guide help you find the perfect gift? Share your favorites or ideas with us in the comments.