Thanksgiving is less than a week away! I know! I can’t believe how quickly this whole year has gone. We’ll be spending time with family, doing some shopping over the weekend and getting prepped for the craziness that comes with December.
If you’re looking for a fun appetizer to bring along to a holiday party, these Mini Ham & Cheese Balls are sure to be a hit!
- ¾ cup ham, diced
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- Prep: Line a small cookie sheet or similar pan with parchment paper. Pulse mixed nuts in a food processor 5 - 6 times, or more if you want a finer blend. Spoon processed nuts into a bowl. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine ham, cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced onion and spicy brown mustard. Mix well into all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop cream cheese mixture into the palm of your hands. Wearing latex gloves is a must, roll mixture into a ball. Repeat until finished. This should make 7 - 8 balls.
- Place each one on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- One by one place a cheese ball into processed nut mixture using a spoon or your fingers press coating into cheese ball mixture. Coat evenly. When finished place Mini Ham Cheese Balls into the refrigerator to chill.
That’s it! How easy is that? The kids and adults will love them!