S'mores are not reserved just for summer! You can keep the s'mores fun going any time of year with these s'mores donuts.
Our s'mores donuts are made with cake mix. I love cake mix hacks – here's a whole book full of cake mix recipes!
One of my favorite things to do in the summer and early fall is sit outside around the campfire. Sometimes we make foil packet meals like our fajitas or sausage and veggie taters and sometimes we throw hot dogs on a stick and roast them.
But… the best part of a campfire is really the conversation and the s'mores to follow!
While that campfire season may end sooner than we want it to, you can keep the s'mores flavors going with these cake mix s'mores donuts.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate candy melts.
- Top each donut with crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
- Set aside to let candy melts harden before eating. Enjoy!!