This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #BlueBunny #BombPop #CollectiveBias
Summer is all about running around outside, porch-sittin’ and ice cream! I know I can’t be the only one that feels that way, right?
I feel like tie-dye is a lost art that’s slowly making a comeback. I remember tie-dyeing things like crazy during the summer when I was younger and I still love doing it with the kids. There’s just something about it that screams summer to me.
We did red, white and blue tie-dye shirts to look like one of our favorite summer treats – The Original Bomb Pop®. Do those Bomb Pops not automatically make you think about summer?
If you’re into Snapchat, you’ll love what they’re doing this summer! The Original Bomb Pop® is pairing up with Snapchat to create a custom lens. Users hold up their camera phone while in the app and watch as their face transforms into a Bomb Pop and blasts off across the sky! On National Bomb Pop Day (June 29th) the lens will be available to Snapchat users nationwide!
To make our The Original Bomb Pop® Tie-Dye Shirts, you just need a few things:
- white cotton shirts
- rubber bands
- red tie-dye
- blue or turquoise tie-dye
- plastic wrap
- plastic gloves
Instructions for The Original Bomb Pop® Tie-Dye Shirts
- To get started, wash your shirts but skip the dryer – you want them wet.
- Now, roll the shirts so you have a long tube.
- Use two rubber bands per shirt, dividing shirt into 3 sections of about equal size.
- Mix dye according to package directions.
- Dye the top of the shirt red, leave the middle white, and dye the bottom blue.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to sit for at least 8 hours.
- Remove shirt from plastic wrap and remove all rubber bands.
- Rinse shirt in cold water, gradually turning to hot until water runs mostly clear.
- Wash shirts in washer on cold with nothing else, using detergent as usual.
- Dry as usual.
- Wear your Tie-Dye Shirts proudly!
After our run-in with the deer last weekend, we’re spending another two weeks in Kentucky waiting for our car to be repaired. I have to admit it’s a bit of a blessing in disguise. We don’t get to spend a ton of time with my grandparents, but now we’re able to experience summer fun with them.
Making our Tie-Dye shirts was a perfect summer activity for the kids to do here at my grandparents. It’s fun and kept them outside for awhile.
Of course, my grandmother snapped a few pictures of us making them, too!
We also picked up some Blue Bunny® Ice Cream for my grandparents! For more than 80 years, Blue Bunny® has been bringing delicious ice cream made with fun, fresh ingredients to families—adding a little playfulness to any occasion and perfect for bringing the whole family together. I knew the new Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cone™ flavor would be a hit!
I was able to grab everything we need for summer fun: ice cream and tie-dye supplies at Walmart!
We’re trying to do a little less technology this summer and slow things down a bit. I love being able to give the kids a frozen treat we all love and watch them just hang out in the backyard!
Check out more ideas for summer fun and delicious recipes. I’d love to hear what you’re doing this summer!