This post is sponsored by Lunchbox.
Wow! Christmas is tomorrow! It feels like from Halloween to New Year's is go, go, go. I'm ready to sit down, relax, and enjoy a break for a little while. With holiday event after holiday event, we're in need of quick and easy meals around here.
I know some people aren't big on casseroles, but I love them! There's just something that makes me feel at home when I'm scooping up dinner from the casserole dish. Tom's not a big tomato fan, so most of our casseroles are cheesy. This Creamy Turkey & Noodle dinner is perfect for us!
Even though we're having some crazy weather here right now, a 76° Christmas is expected, at some point it will get cold. And this is a meal that is warm and hearty, perfect for those cold nights.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pkg. (7.5 oz. each) OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Three Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, melt butter in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions; cook and stir 4 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Add frozen vegetables; cook 4 min. or until thawed, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir 1 min.
- Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 min. or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in turkey, soup and sour cream.
- DRAIN pasta and add to creamy sauce, stirring to evenly coat.
- Spoon into 2 (13x9-inch) pans sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheese. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 30 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 10 min.
I have to confess that I've never tried the OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD Oven Roasted Turkey Breast before this, but I will be using it frequently now! It's thick cut, like when you have leftover turkey. Now, you can have those “leftover” turkey dishes any time you want them!
What I really love about this Creamy Turkey & Noodle recipe is the fact that it makes so much, which is perfect for a big family gathering. If you're not having a big family gathering, I wouldn't cut this recipe in half. I made it as listed and baked half up for dinner and froze the other half for another night. In the freezer, it will be ready to go for up to three months, though I'm sure we'll have it again before then! I love meals that allow me to cook once and get multiple meals with it!
Creamy Turkey & Noodles will also make a great meal to bring to a neighbor, family, or a friend that could use a meal. I'm definitely adding this to my list of recipes to bring to new moms!
I found this recipe, along with a bunch of others (desserts included), in Kraft's Make Every Day Delicious Featured Recipes!
Which of the featured KRAFT recipes will you be trying first?