Have you joined the Instant Pot club yet? I mean, everyone has one now, right?!? Being able to whip up dinner in a breeze is something I can always support! Our Instant Pot Taco Pasta is definitely a hit with the kids (and works for Taco Tuesdays if that’s a thing in your house).
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-10oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-10oz can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1-16oz can chile-style tomatoes, with juice
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ lb pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cheese, optional for serving
- Sour cream, optional for serving
- Turn the Instant Pot on the saute setting and add the garlic, onions and ground beef.
- Cook until the ground beef is fully browned, stirring constantly.
- Add in the black beans, corn, tomatoes, sauce, pasta, broth and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the IP and turn off the saute setting.
- Select the soup/stew setting for 10 minutes, then natural release.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and dollop of sour cream, as desired.
Instant Pot meals are perfect for those busy nights when you just need to get dinner on the table, but don’t want all the fuss of prepping and babysitting the stove or oven.
I don’t know about you, but between soccer practice and games, karate 3x a week, church, preschool runs, my own softball team, my schoolwork, and a million other things, dinner is usually the last thing to worry about on my list.
My kids love pasta and they definitely get that honestly, so pasta is always a good idea in our house!