Thanks to Pop Secret for sponsoring this post.
It is snowing here today (expecting up to 4 inches) and we’re spending the day inside building a spaceship. Some kids build forts, but we build spaceships and rocket ships. To go along with our spaceship building, we made a yummy snack using Pop Secret. Because you know… snacks make everything better.
While Charlie was working on building his spaceship, I got the Pop Secret Caramel Popcorn going.
- 2 bags Pop Secret Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 oz package of Semi-Sweet Baker’s Chocolate squares
- Stars & Moons sprinkles
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pop popcorn according to package.
- Make sure you don’t have any kernels in your popcorn.
- Add popcorn to melted marshmallow mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto jelly roll pan.
- Melt chocolate according to package.
- Spread chocolate over popcorn.
- Go crazy with sprinkles on top!
- Allow popcorn bars to firm up before indulging.
Charlie was in charge of (dumping) the sprinkles. As you know, we think it’s important to get the kids involved in the kitchen. While we were waiting for the Space Popcorn Bars to firm up, we put some finishing touches on the spaceship.
I love just watching the boys play together. Charlie found several ways to get into his spaceship and little brother Owen copied (or attempted to) everything he did.
I want to share a tip with you for all your fort building adventures. Use clips. We use bag clips to hold down our blanket to our chairs.
When I thought our spaceship was complete, Charlie informed me that he needed boosters! I grabbed a couple of paper towel rolls from the kitchen (we keep them for crafts) and they worked out great. Again, clipped to the blanket with bag clips.
Charlie kept telling me he was going to keep this up “all the days” so he could sleep in it!
Pop Secret knows that fun, like popcorn, is better when it’s shared. Send Pop Secret your pillow fort stories and pictures on Facebook. You can upload them right to the Pop Secret timeline and tag them #PopSecretForts. They might just share a little something back!
And right now, you can grab a coupon to save $1 when you buy Pop Secret!
Our Pop Secret Space Popcorn Bars were the perfect gooey snack to enjoy in our spaceship.
When was the last time you built a fort or maybe even a spaceship using blankets, pillows or chairs?