This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.
We’re just about a week out from Christmas and the craziness has set in! We have a holiday thing at Charlie’s school tonight, cookies over the weekend at my in-laws’ and a Christmas program at Owen’s preschool next week.
I know we’re always looking for easy recipes, but especially during the crazy holiday season. We whipped up a yummy Strawberry-Apple Galette that is perfect to serve at brunch or for dessert!
A galette is like a pie without all the fuss. There’s no lining a pie pan evenly and covering it with another crust while trying to make everything perfect. I love that the boys can help me and I’m not worried about it not turning out “pretty”.
I grabbed everything I needed for this easy treat at Save-A-Lot. I love that I can get everything I need for the holidays at the same store, saving myself time and money! We always stock up on the fresh produce whenever we’re there because the prices are just that good! And my kids can definitely go through some fruit. Find the closest store near you: https://goo.gl/8meE3k.
For even greater convenience, sign up for the Save-A-Lot Smart Shopper Club. You’ll receive the latest specials delivered weekly to your inbox, tasty and affordable recipes, and helpful kitchen hacks and entertainment tips!
Honestly, their refrigerated dough items are my favorite, especially for the price! I always have a couple cans of their crescents in my fridge at all times. That’s why I just grabbed the pie crusts right from there. Why go through the trouble of making pie crusts if I don’t have to? The holidays should be about fun and family, not stressing about making the perfect pie crusts!
The boys really love helping me in the kitchen. If you have kids off for winter break, this strawberry-apple galette is a great recipe to make with them! It would be pretty hard for this to not turn out great!
And… the final product looks like you spent awhile making it, so if you’re looking for something that really makes an impression on the table, this is it!
Don’t forget the whipped topping! I like it straight from the freezer alongside a slice of the warm galette.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Gently roll out room-temperature pie crust onto a baking stone (or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, gently mix the fruit, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the fruit mixture to the center of the pie crust, leaving about a 2-inch border around the edges.
- Gently fold up the pie crust over the fruit and pinch it into pleats.
- Brush the egg onto the crust and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with frozen whipped topping or enjoy at room temperature.
Save-A-Lot is sponsoring a giveaway just for my readers! Two winners will each receive a $25 gift card! Just enter on the widget below.