Do you know where the colors in Goldfish crackers come from?
The Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers “Plant Your Vote” program celebrates Goldfish Colors crackers – which are baked with smiles and ingredients you can feel good about, like 100% real cheese and colors derived from plants! To celebrate, they’re giving fans the chance to “vote” for their favorite color to get its own limited edition bag at select retailers this spring!
There are four colors to choose from, and they are all colors sourced from plants! You can vote from 9/2/2017 – 10/31/2017. The limited-edition bag will be available in April and May 2018 at select stores.
The colors on your favorite Goldfish crackers come from:
- Red: The red Goldfish crackers are colored using a mix of red beet juice concentrate and paprika extracted from sweet red peppers. Wholesome and colorful. You can’t beat that.
- Green: The green Goldfish crackers color comes from watermelon & Huito juice concentrates mixed with extracted Turmeric. That’s Huito. Pronounced wee-toe. Colorful and fun to say!
- Yellow: The yellow Goldfish crackers color comes from extracted Turmeric. A beautiful color that makes you think of warm sunshine on a perfect day.
- Blue: Our subtle blue crackers come from Huito (derived from South American fruit) and Watermelon juice concentrates. These crackers have so much fun, they never get the blues.
I made up some super simple fruit and vegetable flash cards for you to use with your kids. Click the image below to print.
There are several activities you do with these flash cards!
- have child group cards of fruits and veggies by color
- flip through cards to identify fruits and veggies
- have child separate fruits from vegetables
- call out fruit or veggie name and ask child to find it
- older kids can use these flash cards to help spell fruits and vegetables
Be sure to grab some Goldfish colors to snack on while working with flash cards! These are a snack I can always feel good about serving the boys.
And don’t forget to vote for your favorite color and help select which color gets its own limited bag!