One of my favorite things to do during the Holiday/Christmas season is to attend parties or holiday gatherings. These are great ways to enjoy the holiday season and to spend some really great quality time with friends and family! When I do attend or throw parties, I love to make them have some sort of theme! I find it to be so much more fun than a normal party and it is also easier to plan because you can plan games, foods, and different plans to correspond with the party theme! If you can’t think of a theme on your own, no worries! I’m here to share with you five different types of Christmas/Holiday parties that you can throw this year! Let’s get into it!
1. Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: An Ugly Christmas Sweater party is a gathering where everyone finds their biggest, craziest, most Christmasy sweater they can possibly come up with and you just get together and have a good time! Some great ways to add to the Ugly Christmas Sweater party is to have games and activities that involve everyone’s sweaters, and also give out various awards for the sweaters!
2. Cookie Exchange: One of my favorite types of Christmas Parties to celebrate is a cookie exchange! This type of party is where everyone who comes to the party bakes their very own favorite cookie and then everyone get a container and gets to take home a bit of everyone’s cookies that were brought to the party. This is one of my favorites because I love sweet treats and I get to sample all sorts of different kinds of cookies! It’s the best!
3. Gingerbread House Party: Another Sweet party to have is a Gingerbread House Party. This kind of party is when you all get together and decorate a bunch of gingerbread houses! Whether you make the base gingerbread cookies for you houses, or you buy gingerbread house kits… Building these houses are so much fun and you get to spend time with your friends and family while you build them!
4. Secret Santa Party: With a Secret Santa party, everyone draws a name of a fellow guest and they purchase a gift for them. The whole idea is that it is a secret about who bought you your present. This is a great way to make sure everyone gets a fair amount of presents and a fun way to do a gift exchange.
5. White Elephant Party: A White Elephant is very similar to a Secret Santa party, the difference is that at a White Elephant party, everyone brings a wrapped gift that isn’t for anyone in particular. Everyone then sits in a circle and everyone gets a turn, they can choose to either pick a present from the pile or choose to steal the present that the person before them picked and if that is the case, that person chooses a new present. Once everyone has a present, you all open them up and enjoy the gifts that everyone chose to bring!
There you go! If you were looking for a party theme or idea, check out one of these and get planning! You will have a really fun time and get to spend time with your friends and family.