Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s full-speed ahead Christmas! Today I wanted to share a quick snack to make that’s perfect for Christmas!
You know how much the boys love helping in the kitchen, but this weekend was an extra special treat! We’re in Kentucky visiting my grandparents right now, so we were able to hang out with Mommom in the kitchen.
Charlie really enjoyed shaking everything in the Gallon sized Hefty Freezer Slider Bag! And of course, that led to my mom dancing around in the dining room talking about how Mommom used to shake her booty while shaking chicken wings.
That’s what it’s all about! Years from now, my kids will remember talking about Mommom Kentucky’s booty shake and about their Mommom (my mom) demonstrating it!
The holidays to me are all about gathering around the table and making goodies and then of course, enjoying all of those goodies you made!
- 2½ cups Corn Chex
- 2½ cups Rice Chex
- 10 oz Chocolate bar or wafers for melting
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Christmas sprinkles
- 3 candy canes (crushed)
- ½ cup red and green M&M's
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dry chocolate cake mix
- Melt butter and chocolate according to chocolate packaging. (usually in a microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds)
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted chocolate over the top and stir to coat. (careful to not crush cereal)
- Add sprinkles, crushed candy canes, and M&M's.
- Combine powdered sugar and cake mix in Gallon sized Hefty Freezer Slider Bag.
- Pour chocolate and candy coated cereal into Hefty Freezer Slider Bag.
- Shake bag until everything is completely coated.
- Store in Hefty Storage Slider Bags.
Need to crush those candy canes? We threw a few candy canes into a quart sized Hefty Storage Slider Bag and let Charlie have it at with a crab mallet! The bag held up even after taking such a beating!
Hefty is making it even easier to turn our Christmas Cake Mix Puppy Chow into a gift! You can print bag toppers for free! How easy is that? There are three different festive designs to choose from and all you need to do is print them out, punch holes where marked, and attach to your Quart sized Hefty Slider Storage Bags!
What would you put in your Hefty Slider Storage bags for a Christmas gift?