For this week's Mini Chef Mondays post, I want to share a fun way to get your kids involved in the kitchen with just about no work on your part. Eleni's New York sent us the Color Me! Hearts Gift Set for the boys to try.
The tin contains 12 perfectly iced heart shaped cookies and 5 edible-ink markers. They were sealed in the container so they would make the journey to us safely and stay fresh!
We've used markers for food previously, but these were amazing! They colored perfectly and Charlie had a ton of fun creating his own designs.
Even though we didn't do any baking or cooking for these, I think they're perfect for Mini Chef Mondays because part of the fun of being in the kitchen is being creative! With a blank canvas on a cookie, kids can decorate them any way they want!
How fun would some Color Me! Cookies be for a birthday party? Or even to take into school. Eleni's New York is a nut free bakery! I know we have some friends with nut allergies, so this is something we have to think about at school and play dates. You can buy the Color Me! Cookies in many different themes and designs, perfect for any occasion.
Not only are they fun to color on, cute to look at, but they taste great! The cookies are slightly crisp with the perfect amount of sweet!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Chicken Parmesan Chicken Nugget Dip // Courtney's Sweets
- Picnic Perfect Banana Pudding // Momma Lew
- Refreshing Blueberry Fruit Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Raspberry Sticky Buns Recipe // We're Parents
- Macarons: Step by Step // Frugal Novice
- Butternut Squash Latke Recipe // Eating Richly
- Balloon Chocolate Bowls with Fresh Berries // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pull Apart BBQ Chicken Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Mexican Mini Lasagnas // Vegging at the Shore
- Color Your Own Cookies // Mom's Messy Miracles
- Mixed Fruit Challah Bread // O'Boy! Organic
- Carter’s Apple Crumble // Can't Google Everything