The leaves are starting to change, the kids are now wearing socks and shoes instead of sandals, and it’s Halloween is just around the corner.
What that really means is that it’s time for pumpkin spice everything, right?!?
These Pumpkin Spice Dirt Cupcakes are perfect for the kids at a Halloween or Fall party or just something to help you with in the kitchen! Who doesn’t love dirt? I loved dirt pudding when I was growing up and the boys think it’s super cool now. Combining the idea with a cupcake is pretty much perfect!
- Make chocolate cake mix as directed on box, adding 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice to cake batter before baking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Allow to set for five minutes. Once set, transfer pudding into a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with a corner snipped off.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, take out a teaspoon full of cake from center of cupcake to create a small hole. (Discard cake or set aside, or eat.)
- Gently fill each hole with pudding, about 1-2 teaspoons worth.
- Add a worm to the center of each cupcake, half immersed into the pudding, half exposed.
- Using care with the bag, pipe additional pudding to each cupcake, being careful not to cover the exposed worm. (Pipe it as if putting on frosting.)
- Sprinkle on as much or as little crushed Oreo on top of each cupcake.
- Feel free to add a spooky toy to each cupcake.
I don’t care how old you are, these Pumpkin Spice Dirt Cupcakes will be a hit!
If you’re serving them to kids though, you can add a little spooky toy to each, like these spider rings.