We’re finally adding some art to our walls and I love being able to add some for the holidays. Since Charlie loves any kind of crafting, this was the perfect choice for a new canvas for us.
- a canvas (any size 8×10 or larger)
- a paint brush
- Put your canvas out
- Paint kid’s hand green
- Place a line of handprints across the bottom (leave room for your trunk)
- Put more handprints on top and then on top of that
- You may need to reapply paint to keep the color even
- Paint a brown trunk
- Paint a star on top
- Use different color fingerprints to add ornaments or lights (whatever you want them to be) to your tree
I don’t have any action shots while doing it because Charlie needed help, so I had paint on me and then I had to help Owen (obviously). It’s easy enough and the whole project takes about 10 minutes.
I put Charlie’s handprints on the bottom two rows and then Owen’s on the top row right under the star. This was a super easy project and will look great hanging in the house over the holidays. We used an 8×10 and I think it works great because it’s small enough I can store it and pull it out each year.
What are your favorite homemade decorations?