#ad: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
For this week's Mini Chef Mondays post, I wanted to share an easy appetizer that's perfect for Game Day! Both boys were able to get in on the action.
Everyone loves a meatball sub for game time, but they do get a bit messy! With these Meatball Sub Cups, everything stays a bit more contained. They're the perfect little two bite snack.
With a quick trip to Save-A-Lot, we had everything we needed. Did I mention there's only 4 ingredients you need for Meatball Sub Cups? We used Mantia's Italian Style Meatballs, Mantia's Pasta Sauce, Coburn Farms Provolone Cheese, and Ginger Evans Crescent Rolls.
To get started, roll out one can of crescent rolls and press the seams together. I used a pizza cutter to make 12 squares from our crescent dough.
Owen helped me put each square into a greased muffin pan and then add a spoonful of pasta sauce and a meatball on top.
If you're thinking your two year old is too little to help in the kitchen, they're not! Owen absolutely loved making sure that each cup had a meatball in it. After each meatball was added, he said “I did it”! He was so proud of himself for helping!
After they came out of the oven, Charlie spooned more sauce on top and we added provolone. Charlie used the pizza slicer to cut the cheese into quarters, perfect size for our meatball sub cups.
This is a little safer to me than him using a knife and he thought it was fun.
- 1 can Ginger Evans crescent rolls
- 1 cup Mantia's Pasta Sauce
- 12 Mantia's Italian Style Meatballs, thawed
- 3 slices Coburn Farms provolone cheese, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll out crescent dough and press seams together.
- Cut into 12 squares.
- Place each square into a greased muffin cup.
- Add a spoonful of pasta sauce and one meatball to each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add a spoonful of pasta sauce and a quarter slice of provolone cheese on top of baked meatballs.
- Bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
To help you make The Game Changing Switch and save some money, Save-A-Lot is giving two of my readers a $25 gift card!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake // Courtney's Sweets
- Creamy White Chicken Chili // Momma Lew
- Cherry Brownie Parfaits // Baby Loving Mama
- Baked Taco Casserole // We're Parents
- Berry Sorbet // Frugal Novice
- Healthy Football Appetizer Seahawks Fruit Salad // Eating Richly
- Heart Shaped Eggs with Bacon Hearts // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- I Love You Cupcake Fondue // Step Stool Chef
- Chocolate Dutch Baby // Vegging at the Shore
- Meatball Sub Cups // Mom's Messy Miracles
- Best Cookbooks for Children // O'Boy! Organic
- Apple Sandwiches and Preschoolers Cook Cookbook Giveaway // Can't Google Everything